Fall is upon us in Hingham, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Hingham a call at 781-826-8005 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!