Cooler temps are heading our way in Hingham and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Hingham winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Hingham experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Hingham.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Hingham a call at 781-826-8005 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.