Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the aesthetic that guests have when entering your Hingham home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are ready to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and require a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery near a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other out dated aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can be given a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Hingham, give them a call at 781-826-8005 or arrange an appointment online to work through all the choices for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.